Thursday, May 6, 2010

when i'm too tired to think

It was definitely one of those weeks, where i wouldn't give anything to have a day to myself. Just being able to go down to the beach [which i think i need and MUST go down this weekend] or sit down in the sun with a book in hand. But no, Life isn't always fair and sweet.....

As i[try] to begin each day with a new reading of the Psalm, i went in"plunging" into my daily devotionals. It started with Psalm 4 and [nearly] ended with a HUH?!...in this psalm, David sings to God, in desperation, wondering why his people are disappointing him and why they're trying to down his spirits. But as usual, David takes delight and hope in the fact that God's merciful and hears his cry. In Verse 7,

" You have put more joy and rejoicing in my heart than [they know] when their wheat and new wine have yielded abundantly"

Before I started with this, i met a friend at the Science Cafe and had Chai latte( although, it was more of a latte than anything with Chai in it). We sat down and talked about life and spiritual warfares....and it came to my mind, that our lives, especially as christians, receive the most "ups and downs" than anyone can imagine. It's filled with spiritual battles- " it is the struggle between resentment, anger, greed....."-John Ortberg. And i totally agree with it...even in my sleep! and then Verse 8

"...In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust."

AMEN LORD!!![ been having trouble sleeping, but know this! I'm free!!!Shout His praise!!]...

So i'm definitely going home, with a heavy heart and head.....but sleeping with His pillow and cushion of Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment