Sunday, May 2, 2010

PLANTING a SEED in the most unsuspecting ME

Psalms 1(NIV)
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.


4 Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

6 For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish

I
t all began in the morning, when I decided this is going to be the start of my change, my journey to become the ME I want to be( Thank You, John Ortberg!)..I'm beginning to slowly see(it's been just one day...maybe it's just my optimism) the changes in my Spirit. I have the urge to be patient, to not worry, to want to indulge myself in His word, more and more each day.

Ever since I purchased this book, I've a sense of drawing to know about my identity and purpose here in WA for God, from God....& I'm enjoying every minute of it!....I truly believe that it's God's divine power because I decided to start on a Chapter-A-Day series with the BIBLE( thanks Julie & Julia for giving me the inspiration to do a blog)...But i'm giving myself a time-limit 'cause I believe I won't restrict my journey with God to a year or 2 years...but I want this to last a lifetime:D...
I've come to the part of the book, that titles: THE ME I AM MEANT TO BE!..and it talks about Growth; God planting a seed, a whisper of encouragement into our lives:)) SO REJOICE!.

Above,in Psalms( yes, i've decided to start on the LOVE song book)1, it talks about the opening "music&lyrics" of DAVID's journey with God. You know, I think in all the books I've come across, I think David's book of Songs is one of the most honest and revealing books. Their( God's &David's) relationship is as transparent as glass; I don't remember seeing any relationship as clear as this( every relationship has a secret...Trust me, it's there:S)So as I was reading this, one verse really struck me, Verse 3.
"
...He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers...."

I was definitely amazed as this was truly reflecting the book's idea of God's desire for me to GROW!He created the idea of GROWTH! He whispers to my spirit, firmly planting me by streams of water, ready to harvest my fruit/s of the season. I know this is where God wants me to be right now. TO GROW FOR ME. Honestly, I think I've been neglecting my spirit man for so long( with my past, my desires for a relationship, my desire for a degree; for a better life for my family, the need to want to grow up...and get it over and done with.....)....i know right, that's a long list of wants....Then the question will be: Do you want to know Your Heavenly Father?....that's the beauty of Australia..You see His true creation all year round; be it people you meet or the nature that blossoms right in front of you, even the weirdest bunch of misfits you'd probably see on a Friday....that's the BEAUTY right there. There's a freedom in Knowing that He's there, tending to you, like a rose bush( I'd like to be a lily..but lilies don't grow in bushes...)Nevertheless, He opens my eyes and lets me in on the truth, that He's tending to my soul and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment